Terms and conditions
End user license agreement
This agreement is between you and Civils.ai Pte. Ltd. ("Civils.ai"), a registered company under the Corporations Law of Singapore (UEN 202216364R).
By purchasing and using any Civils.ai Software you understand and agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement or if you do not have the authority to agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of the licensee then you must not use the software.
Account Terms and Conditions
- Civils.ai accounts are not to be shared without our consent or redistributed as the work of another party. The software and calculators are all the intellectual property of Civils.ai Pte Ltd. Any violations of this will be considered an infringement of copyright laws.
- Civils.ai accounts are designed for a single user only. You will experience lockouts or suspensions if the account is used simultaneously in two or more locations or on more than a pre-determined number of devices or IP addresses per month. This is to protect against unlawful use of Civils.ai products and software. If regular suspensions occur, extended lockouts and service accessibility may be suspended indefinitely or cancelled altogether.
- Civils.ai has the right to make any changes to the accessibility limits on Free Accounts and free software at any time, without notice.
- You may not rent, lease, sub-license, lend or transfer the Product to another person or legal entity without the prior written consent of Civils.ai.
Software and Usage Terms and Conditions
- As a user of Civils.ai software you accept that Civils.ai software is for feasibility and early stage project planning only. Civils.ai should not be used for detailed or ‘for-construction’ design. All designs and calculations produced using Civils.ai must be signed off by a professional and competent structural engineer.
- Results from any engineering software should always be double-checked when applied in real-life applications. As a Civils.ai user, it is your responsibility to verify and validate the output of the software with some other independent means.
- All industry data held on Civils.ai should be treated as unverified by the user and a separate independent check and validation of this data is required.
- As a user of Civils.ai software, particularly professional engineers, you agree to use sufficient duty of care when using Civils.ai's products. This includes not designing or constructing anything outside of your abilities and knowledge as an engineer. As with all engineering software, one should always question the results and perform sufficient checks that the results are logical and correct. Civils.ai and its individual creators take no responsibility for any damages, liabilities, or consequences resulting from any use of our software.
- A party shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this Agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes, or labor disputes, embargoes, government orders or any other force majeure event.
- The forces, materials, and results are all based on theoretical input and solutions. With any structure or design, a wide variety of other factors can directly impact the actual results and behaviour of said structures. Some examples include other loads (e.g. wind), actual material properties, self-weight, age of the structure, etc. As a user, you understand that such variables can strongly alter the results of Civils.ai products from reality and should be considered in your design and calculations.
- There are literally millions of possible combinations of supports, fixities, loads, members, materials, and sections. This makes it impossible to test and ensure accuracy in every single possible scenario. As with any software, there may be bugs or errors that cause it to function incorrectly. As a user, you understand that although all Civils.ai Software goes through extensive testing, the risk of deviated results due to software failure is still possible.
- You, at your sole expense, will defend, indemnify and hold Civils.ai harmless from and with respect to losses or damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred in connection with, any suit or proceeding brought by a third party against Civils.ai insofar as such suit or proceeding shall be based upon (i) any claim arising out of or relating to your use of the Product except where such claim alleges that the Software infringes or constitutes wrongful use of any copyright, trade secret, patent or trade mark of any third party; or (ii) any claim arising out of or relating to any act or omission by you. You will pay any damages and costs assessed against Civils.ai (or paid or payable by Civils.ai pursuant to a settlement agreement) in connection with such a suit or proceeding.
- Civils.ai reserves the right to use your structures and files as marketing material in the form of screenshots and visual mediums only. To opt-out of this, please contact us. Civils.ai will never release your designs or files to a third party or any other subscriber without your permission.
- You agree to accept communication in the form of personal and marketing emails. You can opt out of these at any time by clicking 'Unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email or by contacting us.
- Civils.ai may change the product automatically over time without notice and shall not be under any obligation to provide you with any notification of such change.
- As a registered user, you agree to have your personal information collected in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
- As a free product, Civils.ai users agree to allow their anonymised data be used to both enhance the Civils.ai product and provide analytical insights for 3rd party vendors.
- As registered users, users agree to allow Civils.ai to use the company name and logo with comments ('used by') for marketing purposes for a period of 18 months from registration or the last date of subscription payment. Users can opt out of this at any time by sending us an email at info@Civils.ai.com.